Department of Emergency Medicine
The UNC Department of Emergency Medicine utilizes numerous simulation opportunities and techniques to actively teach medical students, residents, and other health professionals on topics ranging from physiology to advanced clinical procedures and interpretation.
Resident simulation training occurs at the WakeMed Center for Innovative Learning. The facility is designated as a Laerdal Center of Educational Excellence for their application of innovative techniques and creating meaningful experiences for all their learners.
New nurse trauma orientation is held in-situ in the trauma bays allowing the teams to function in their normal work environment.
Please excuse the lack of additional content. It is undergoing final editorial approval at this time.
Posts about simulation activities in Emergency Medicine
- Mid Carolina Regional Advisory Committee on Trauma Simulation
- APP Center Spotlight: Janelle Bludorn
- UNC CLABSI Prevention Heroes
- Carolina Air Care Expands Growth
- Law school students organize against the use of animals in emergency medical training
- Yes, You Can! Using Simulation in Quality Improvement!
- All Too Real
- Summer Volunteer Trauma Day Experience
- Simulation alternative
- Trauma Day Event Discusses Consequences of Driving Tired
Leave a Reply